Monday, June 28, 2010

How to make 5year old Dell brand new

When my 5 year old Dell Inspiron 600m, started giving me trouble, I decided enough is enough, let us restore it to factory setting, but I had reinstalled Windows number of times, so original dell MBR was overwritten, and with that factory restore option Ctrl F11 was gone too. So first I booted through live linux CD, and backed my important files to a pen drive.
Then I found this website, which gave me information regarding how to restore Dell MBR. I downloaded this DSRFIX iso, burnt a CD out of it, booted from it ran the utility. And it was in a no time that original Dell MBR was back in action and so was Ctrl F11 option to restore the system. And that also did not take much time.
I got my laptop back to factory setting, just like the way it was shipped!
Shahrukh would have said Happys Endings!

No comments: