Friday, January 26, 2007

The Republic day: Dil hai Hindustani...

The title means the heart is Indian.
We all love our country with all its pluses and minuses. I dont know whethere their is any country which does not have a minus. And I hope I am not opening a Pandora's box by saying that. Also, I am not sure how others feel about their country.. Hence a little doubt whether & how people perceive minuses regarding their country.
Anyway went to flag hoisting ceremony, all men & even children decked in whitest ever kudta-pajamas, women in whitest saree giving the Rin supreme woman a run for her money. Shool children in crisp uniforms, it is a great site. Wish I had the camera with me.
TV channels were showing the deshbhakti songs, celebrities telling what the republic day means to them.
And yes the long holiday...ahead.
It is great to be alive (and kicking!)

No comments: